• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some extension cord ideas

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Pendant outlets hanging from chain from the roof or ducting on the floor:

s-l1600.jpg

90x25mm-Large-Size-Floor-PVC-Cable-Duct-Cable-Trunking-Floor-Cable-Cover-Floor-Wiring-Duct-Cord.jpg

netsol

Sign me up
You are on the right track, depending on the application, we cut 2parallel tracks in concrete, break it up in between with a demolition hammer and install conduit, then a layer of fresh cement. (Ideally 2 or 3 conduit runs, in the track: electric, compressed air, network and possibly dust collection)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Like they do in grocery, department, and whatever other kinda retail place does. Run the electric at the ceiling level in trays and drop a tube or conduit down wherever ya need it. We did that with some of ours and also have the air running throughout the shop up there, too. Air from compressors, not A/C.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I found these bus drop supports. Do you think they will work? I'd like to hardwire an extension cord into a rafter mounted box and use this to hang it.

Attachments

• bds53_p.jpg
    bds53_p.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 156

jfiscus

Rap Master
We have 25ft or so ceilings in our building so it is problematic to get our plotters to operate off the RIP and not have cords all over the floor. We took some conduit pipe and hung it about 8ft off the floor from guy wires. Then we just ziptied the wires to it from the PC/network/power to the plotters. Works well and is moveable if necessary.

Attachments

• 235465189_543140077019484_1398069940392766473_n.jpg
    235465189_543140077019484_1398069940392766473_n.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 164

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
When you say machines, are you talking like bandsaws/saws/heavy equipment, or printer/plotter stuffs?
Our shear and brake are hardwired with conduit drops but everything else is on wheels. I change my mind more than my underwear so flexibility is good but without cords all over the ground, they are driving me nuts.

karst41

I call my Electrician. His Service call is $350 he is real good,
an will drop a line from the ceiling or where ever I need.

Make sure that they Pull some Cat 5 while they up there

A good EE sees a lot of things every day and will recommend something
really cool and will be a nice feature to your shop.