• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some Guidance......

System27

OK I hate for my first post to be a question but it is what it is :) However I do want to say :thankyou: to everyone who contributes to this forum as I have been reading for a month now and gained a lot of insight.

I purchased a 46 inch faclon outdoor used and got it up and running, not pleased with the nozzle checks but they are improving with cleanings and test prints etc.... I have tried printing some vector art off just a sample or two inside flexi, they dont look that great but maybe i am expecting to much from this type printer.

I am using Flexi 7.5 at this time but hope to swing a deal with a shop here locally for 8.1 I know thats not the latest but will be a step up for me. Anyway I am attempting to print on PrismJet 203 Vinyl. I was sent a profile for oracal 3651 cmyk 720x720 first question is would this be a suitable profile to use ? Would I be better off with a cmykLcLm profile since I have 6 colors ?? confused:rolleyes: If not would someone please point me in the right direction or send me a profile that might be close to where I need to start?

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

I have this machine, and it can print well. I find that all eco solvent vinyls print differently. I have had good luck with some of the Avery vinyls. You will certainly want to print in cmykLcLm. The vendor you bought the vinyl from sent you the Oracal profile? You should see if they can send you something for 6 color. In Flexi I have had good luck experimenting with the supplied cmykLcLm profiles. Not sure if your older version would affect the print outcome.

Also- I would recommend the service contract for this machine. While it's at $1800 a year, it will need to have maintenance several times a year which can add up to a lot more than the service contract. I have owned mine for almost 3 years and have had the heads replaced nearly 2 x a year. I hope this helps.

signguy95

i run a jv3 and I find that the canned oracal 3651 cymklmlc 720 x 720 prints pretty good for the most part.

I have a custom profile that I use now, but for the first few months I used the canned one.

Jay

luggnut

signwarehouse has a canned 3651 profile fpr the falcon... you can download it from their support page. its cmyklclm

System27

Thanks for all the Input !!! :U Rock:

I got my Flexi up to 8.1 and was able to use the .ptf files versus the ICC and it shaped right up using the Canned Oracal 3651 720 x 720 CMYKLcLm

Before using the ( I guess Older ICC Profile i was putting down way too much ink).

I have a lot of learning to do as far as tuning my profiles for different substrates etc... but I know have a starting point so I feel much better.

Once again Thanks to all !!