Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help in FlexiSign (scale)

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by MTechGraphics, Mar 31, 2007.

1. MTechGraphics

MTechGraphics Member

Nov 27, 2006
    I have flexiSign 7.6 and I purchased Mr. Clipart vehicle templates. The templates are made in 1:20 scale. I use AI and flexi to design, but how am I supposed to get the real size of the design in AI so it can be imported into Felxi or Cut Studio (Roland Software)? I know I need to zoom in I think about 2000% ? maybe I'm not sure if you guys can give me a small list of steps I can follow it would be great.

It's my first time using the templates and I need some help from someone who has done this before.

Thank you in advance to everyone who will be willing to help me on this one.

:signs101: ​

Tags:
  2. anothersign

anothersign Member

May 28, 2006
    Illinois
    you are correct

go to resize and make it 2000% and it will be to scale.

3. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Rather than make the file bigger just design at the reduced size then scale up at the print/cut export or scale it in your rip!

4. MTechGraphics

MTechGraphics Member

Nov 27, 2006
    I understand that about designing in the scaled file. Anothersign resize? where in AI or flexi? Also if you can tell me where to find resize that would be great because I'm new to all of this. I'm trying to learn as much as possible and this board is the best out there.
    Thanks

5. gvgraphics

gvgraphics Very Active Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Click arange, then resize. In the design box you will see 100%, change that to 2000% and you are all set. Or on the left hand side of your cut manager you will see where it says size. It will say 100%, change that to 2000%.

Sean

6. Drip Dry

Drip Dry Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Long island NY
    If you have Flexi, then why are you using AI just to resize ?

You can import the file directly into flexi and make your changes there.

Watch this video demo http://www.givemehelp.com/fullflexi8demo.html
    (thanks to Bradster)
    and pay particular attention to design central. It shows how to do what your looking for.

Jim

7. MTechGraphics

MTechGraphics Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Thank you guys so much for all your help and support all the tips worked great I finally got it. This board is the best!!

everyone that helped me rocks!!

8. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    Select the object, then hit ctrl-K