• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some help Prints looking very fuzzy

82R909

Any ideas why this is happening???? On roland vp-540

Thanks in advance..!

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20120514173647496.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20120514173647496.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 86

82R909

Here it is.. is it possible it is my encoder strip?.. if so where is it located ?

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20120514180900500.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20120514180900500.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 77

ChicagoGraphics

The encoder strip is located along the width of your printer above the rail your head travels on, it should be a clear or grayish/green strip, don't use no harsh cleaners on it and wipe carefully, if that's what's causing your problem.

82R909

Alright guys update: i did a 'detailed' bi-direction calibration and no.2 and no 4 the cyan where not crisp... and did not look like a line at all

kffernandez

ahhh... looks like either an electrical problem or a failing head. you can try to switch data cables to see if the problem follows the cables.

kelly

artbot

first off on vp an sp models before you even get to a "fix" you need to discharge the capacitors. turn off on the front, switch off the back, unplug, press the front button four times slowly. this model line has electrostatic issues and can not be properly diagnosed without doing this first. if that doesn't make the issue go away (10% chance it fixes it), then you definitely have some kind of deep seated electrical issue. if it is just one color then you can isolate with data cable swaps (the data ribbons going into your head. do not just "wing" this ask a roland owner how to arrange the ribbons in the test).
if the issue does not "follow" a ribbon, or is across all heads then you should be considering more drastic measures. an encoder strip sets the position of the firing to the head. but that position is unilateral across the x of the head. i've heard that cleaning it will "fix" it but those times days later "it reappeared". thus not a fix? i'd start with the easy causes...

electrostatic build up on the main board
bad bath of inks
clogged/deflected heads

then move to

data swap
sometimes can be caused by a fractured main board data ribbon

all else fails

then to pulling the board and having macmedia test it, and possibly repair it

i'm about to pull my board and send it off (jv3) because i've had this same issue across all heads and it occurs at high res, disappears at 360x360. i figure it has to do with the voltage for fine dot firing (maybe carriage board, maybe main board, but encoder is perfect, and new head did not fix)

82R909

I did. Cleanings... Also I want to point out that when I was looking at my dampers myk were half ful and the cyan s look full.. Can this be an issue

artbot

have you isolated it to a channel? sorry i breezed through the prior responses. you can isolated if its the head or the ink by doing a damper swap to a different channel if you have an offending color (damper swap is moving the entire joined damper and line to a different manifold nipple to see if the cyan will malfunction printing from some other color position. and vice versa)

Dave L.

Looks Electrical...My first guess (and a cheaper fix) is the print carraige board....Swapping CABLES while machine is powered off and unplugged, then testing with the same file is the best way to find out.