• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some help with Foam Letters for a sign

francisco2525

Hi I have a client that wants to put foam letters (Blue or Red) in front of their business as a sign. She wants it to say HERNANDEZ FURNITURE, and each letter should be 24 in high, and the thickness 12 in. I was wondering if anyone here knew of a company that might be able to supply me with the letters. I live in Southern California, so I was looking for a company near me, so I could pick them up--I'm thinking if I have them shipped from another state it is going to be expensive--Am I wrong?

Might any of you who are very knowledgeable in sign making industry give me a rough estimate of how much something like this might cost.

Thank you,

I really appreciate your help and guidance.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
2" is pretty much standard.

And if they wanted to mimic the look of a channel letter, they would want to be around 4" or 5" deep, but that would require gluing pieces together.

visual800

That is too damn deep! That is excessive at the cost of no more effect than 1" depth. When you get too deep it actually loses its appeal and readibility from certain angles. It is younresposibility to explain this to the client.

even as moze said a channel letter is 5" and that is plenty. Educate them. IF THEY ARE PERSISTENT i would use metal fabricated to price that out vs 1" routed painted PVC I gurantee they will make their own decision

francisco2525

Thank you for your insight Moze and visual. I was wondering if there is a big difference in price Between Channel Letters and foam letters.