• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some help with my fc8000

bad65ss

Hello all, I am having an issue with my graphtec plotter and I am wondering if anyone else has this problem or maybe knows of an easy fix. We just upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 . Prior to the upgrade the plotter worked great. What is happening now if if I send a job to the plotter it will cut then it will pause, the screen on the plotter will go from "working" to "ready" then it will continue to cut the job for a few letters then pause again, continue to cut then pause and keep doing that. If the job is a contour cut ( ie. large boxes or something simple in shape) it cuts it normally. It seems that text is the problem

Is there a setting I am missing? I can't have this plotter take over an hour to cut out 18 2" x 15" stickers

PS I am using flexi if that matters

AUTO-FX

well since no one else has made any suggestions- i'll take a shot. my 7000 , which is actually a rebranded signwarehouse graphtec, is set up as a "printer". if yours is set up this way, try going to printer>printer properties>advanced and make sure the box is checked for "spool print jobs"

bad65ss

Thanks for the help Auto-fx . I`ll take a look when I get in the shop and see if that will fix it.

I kept hearing all these horror stories about things not working with Windows 7 ( flexi being one of them) so we were reluctant to switch. But besides the cutter issue everything has been going very smooth.

bad65ss

Ok I think we figured it out. It seems that my computer was picking a XPS document writer driver , it still plotted but when we went to cut small text it took FOREVER!!!!

I went in and picked the FC8000 driver and it all seems to work well. I feel stupid that it was this easy but we aren`t too familiar with windows 7 and i don`t remember windows xp being set up like that

Thanks so much for all the help !!! I am very glad I found this site!