Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help with Onyx

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by Printhead, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Printhead

Printhead Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Hey guys. I've been working with Wasatch for 4 years and I want to try Onyx. I drive a Seiko 64S and a Mimaki JV5 with this rip, doing trailers wraps and billboards mostly.
    Now, the Onyx website is a mess a not informative at all. I'm not sure if I should go with RipCenter, PrepEdge Pro or ProductionHouse.
    I assumed I'd need Production since it's the higher end and I need advanced functions. So I got a supplier to lend me a dongle for ProductionHouse, downloaded it from Onyx website and it only installed CutServer.
    Can somebody explain to me how this suite work? I assumed ProductionHouse was a bundle of programs. Why can't I add printers there?

Thanks for clearing that up. Have a good weekend!

Tags:
  2. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
  3. MachServTech

MachServTech Very Active Member

Sep 19, 2008
    North Carolina
    ProductionHouse is probably the package for you, but you could get by with RipCenter