• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some help

dstees

I have a customer that makes number plates for gokarts and motorcycles. Currently, the way it is made is a clear piece of lexan with vinyl numbers reverse cut and applied to the lexan. i then put a protective layer over the numbers. This way, when you look at the plate from the front you see the number and will not scratch from the front side.

My problem is he is wanting numerous colors. It is 1. Very time consuming 2. Hard to make a perfect application. each piece of dust is easily seen.

What i want to do is have a piece of vinyl printed in as many colors as i choose, then apply that one piece to the back of the lexan. That would cut down on time, expand design capabilities, and lower the price.

Anybody have any suggestions on what i can do? Maybe print a mirror image on clear vinyl? Thanks for any help!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What do you get for a number plate, that you can put all this extra work into it ??

Just cut a number out of vinyl in reverse and back-spray the reverse side. Whambamthankyou ma'am and you're done in like three minutes.

If ya hafta have vinyl backing it up, find a cleaner area to do it in if you're getting so much dust in it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Drop 'em. You don't need worthless work with no pay.

What other profession do you know will go out and work for basically 'free' ??

• Will a plumber come over and fix a leaky faucet and because you plead poverty, he charges you $ 8.00 ??
  • Will a dentist waste 20 minutes cleaning your teeth and when he asks for $75..... you say, I can get it done cheaper elsewhere, then they say... Okay, give me $12.00
  • Need you brakes repaired and you tell the guy to give you the brakes at his price and the labor for another $20 and we'll call it even ??
  • Here ya go........... get a dining room set and tell the guy you aren't gonna pay him for two years. You wanna see if you like it or not. :Oops: yeah, that one they're doing..... buncha clowns.

It's one thing to do a job and do it well, but you need to be reimbursed your time and materials and some profit.... not chump change.

Anyway, just cut the letters in reverse and spray paint the backside and get at least $25 a pop. :rock-n-roll: