• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some I tunes help

gabagoo

I have been using I tunes for so long now and all the different music and native files are a mess in all sorts of locations. Everytime I set up a new computer I have to mimick all the locations so that it finds the tunes. Many get lost or bypassed.

This time I want to start fresh and put everything into one directory with genre sub directories, which I have done in my C drive.

Now the issue is that a lot of the music due to where it may have come from is not properly assigned specific genres or they are wrong or nothing at all. I want to now load the music into I tunes and then categorize them into 6 playlists.

OK so that seems like a fairly simple but time consuming task.....

lets say I bring in a folder of categorized blues songs and albums...they are all put into the main music directory and then I can highlight all those and put them into a Blues playlist. Now if I load all the jazz i find that it now intermingles it with all the blues and then I have no way short of individually picking each song out to put into a playlist. I cant list by genre mainly because although I may get a lot of it, there is still so much more that has no genre identity.
By the time I get to the 6th or 7th genre of music, it could take days to sort through them....especially when you have 20,000 plus songs on file.

I bet there is a way to do this but I have not figured it out as yet.... anyone have a suggestion to do this easier?

ucmj22

Before you upload your jazz, clear the auto playlist "Recently added" then when you lod in jazz, you will be able to go to the recently added playlist and select your jazz from there. While you have them all selected, you might as well right click and select "Get info" and change their genre to jazz all at once.

gabagoo

Before you upload your jazz, clear the auto playlist "Recently added" then when you lod in jazz, you will be able to go to the recently added playlist and select your jazz from there. While you have them all selected, you might as well right click and select "Get info" and change their genre to jazz all at once.

Can you tell me where I find this in the software?

I cant seem to find auto playlist anywhere either.... uggg I am to old and ancient to figure this out....sigh

ucmj22

left column under the heading playlists. playlist that you add will have a musical not, and horizontal lines, and automatic playlist embedded in the software have a cog.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-12 at 10.13.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-12 at 10.13.18 AM.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 58

gabagoo

left column under the heading playlists. playlist that you add will have a musical not, and horizontal lines, and automatic playlist embedded in the software have a cog.

I was looking through the menus...thank you thank you thank you:U Rock: