• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some ideas for mounting 2 sided substrate between 2 PVC posts

hotboxdp

Well, since you're profile says you're from the united states, I have no idea of the weather conditions, so it would really help to know. Also, it would be good to know what the substrate is, as that can have a real effect on how to mount it.

If you want a clean look....... think about at least 3/4" pvc.... if not 1". Make it 4" longer and rout your posts and slide the sign inside of the routed areas and drive 2 or 3 screws through the post, sign and almost out the other side, just not quite. Make a plug for the screws. 1/4" anything will not work. Too long of a span, especially for the little ones.
I like that idea but the panels need to be removable.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I like that idea but the panels need to be removable.

I imagine, just the bottom two panels need to be removable, so just put a base piece into the posts and use overlays and screw them fast to your base piece. I've got signs like that up all over our area.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'd weld or glue .090" or .125" aluminum to a mitered square tube frame. Then let my guys load it face down so I have to travel to site to fix graphics/touch up, this way I can also find the pile of aluminum shavings where they trimmed the legs to save time digging a little deeper and tried to hide it.
If my arms run out of steam while digging, cutting the posts is always a viable option.