Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some ideas

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by fisheye48, Oct 25, 2009.

1. fisheye48

fisheye48 Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Have a customer thats wants 4"x6" oval printed stickers...no big deal...but wants them done in matte and also laminated. my delima is i dont have any matte lam. what are my options here...i can justify buying a roll of matte lam for 100 stickers...i have the matte vinyl just not the lam...what can i do here...without losing my a$$

Tags:
  2. Circleville Signs

Circleville Signs Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Circleville, OH
    There isnt' a ton you can do. I would call my sales reps for the suppliers I use and see if they have any partial or short rolls of lam that they would be willing to give you. The only way you'll have luck on that though, is if you spend a decent amount of money with them consistently.

100 stickers is a pretty small order. Any particular reason that they are insisting on lamination?

Gary

3. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Buy a roll of matte lam. It comes in handy. I didn't use it for years, but bought a roll, and use it up in a month. Just found ALL sorts of uses for it.

4. fisheye48

fisheye48 Member

Feb 23, 2009
    it is for a wakeboard team...so they are going on boats, trucks, cars, wakeboards...etc. and plus they asked for them to be laminated

5. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Add the cost of the matte laminate roll to the decals. Tell them straight up that if they want regular glossy decals they'll be regular price, if they want matte finish decals they'll be the higher price. Let them figure out what they want to do.