• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some info.

urslady1

Hello, I just found this site and am learning alot so far. My husband and I run a screenprinting and embroidery shop and have a 24" cutter we got at an ASI show a few years back. We use it for heat transfers but are getting into more signage, mainly coroplast runs less than 20. It's a Smartcutter(labeled), don't really know the exact brand, has a Bobcat driver. We bought it from Digital Art Solutions, out of Arizona, and they don't even sell it anymore because it such a piece of junk. It won't even keep track over 4ft and the USB driver and port are such a headache we now use the serial port. On top of that, we use Co-cut and half of it is always in swedish or german. It also has a dongle that's a pain when switching from computer to computer. Anyway, we are looking at buying a 42" Q100 from Signwarehouse and need some advice. They also sell Roland brand. It's just a little more in price. I hear alot about Graphtec. Is the "Q" series Signwarehouse sells made by GraphTec or is it another brand? It's confusing all these big companies re-branding for distributors. Any advice would help. Thanks!:thankyou:

Ken

If the Roland is "just a little bit more.."..go for that without hesitation.
Cheers!
Ken

vinylink0331

Love the Q series, never had any problems, and they are made my Graphtec. Never used a Roland, but I do know that The Q series works well, so if you can save some money, that might be the way to go.

Jackpine

Welcome to the group. A Graphtec CE series is a good cutter for the money also. It has a OPS for contour cutting printed graphics. I don't think the Q cutter has that unless you add it. Both are good cutters with great performance for the money.

Flame

Welcome to the group. A Graphtec CE series is a good cutter for the money also. It has a OPS for contour cutting printed graphics. I don't think the Q cutter has that unless you add it. Both are good cutters with great performance for the money.

They have an OPOS. I bought mine with it, works great. :)

I'm a big fan of Graphtecs in general, you really can't go wrong with one.