Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some info.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by urslady1, Jul 13, 2008.

1. urslady1

urslady1 New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Hello, I just found this site and am learning alot so far. My husband and I run a screenprinting and embroidery shop and have a 24" cutter we got at an ASI show a few years back. We use it for heat transfers but are getting into more signage, mainly coroplast runs less than 20. It's a Smartcutter(labeled), don't really know the exact brand, has a Bobcat driver. We bought it from Digital Art Solutions, out of Arizona, and they don't even sell it anymore because it such a piece of junk. It won't even keep track over 4ft and the USB driver and port are such a headache we now use the serial port. On top of that, we use Co-cut and half of it is always in swedish or german. It also has a dongle that's a pain when switching from computer to computer. Anyway, we are looking at buying a 42" Q100 from Signwarehouse and need some advice. They also sell Roland brand. It's just a little more in price. I hear alot about Graphtec. Is the "Q" series Signwarehouse sells made by GraphTec or is it another brand? It's confusing all these big companies re-branding for distributors. Any advice would help. Thanks!:thankyou:

Tags:
  2. Rollie

Rollie Very Active Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    Don't have any advice on that setup
    but welcome aboard!

3. houseofgrafix

houseofgrafix none

Dec 27, 2007
    cw
    I <3 Roland

4. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    If the Roland is "just a little bit more.."..go for that without hesitation.
    Cheers!
    Ken

5. Finishline Signs

Finishline Signs Active Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Crestview, FL
    Acording to Signwarehouse the Q series is made by Graphtec to there specs. I've had a Q75 for two years now and love it.

6. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    The Q series is made by Graphtec, and is a good machine. I have the 42" model.

7. Love the Q series, never had any problems, and they are made my Graphtec. Never used a Roland, but I do know that The Q series works well, so if you can save some money, that might be the way to go.

8. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Welcome to the group. A Graphtec CE series is a good cutter for the money also. It has a OPS for contour cutting printed graphics. I don't think the Q cutter has that unless you add it. Both are good cutters with great performance for the money.

9. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from PA.......................

10. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver

They have an OPOS. I bought mine with it, works great. :)

I'm a big fan of Graphtecs in general, you really can't go wrong with one.

11. Lunatic Taskbar

Lunatic Taskbar Very Active Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Nova Scotia
    Welcome from Nova Scotia

12. urslady1

urslady1 New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Thanks for the info. Placed my order for one today.

13. jscarl

jscarl Very Active Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Welcome from mid Michigan.