• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some reassurance...

kylebrk

Just placed an order with Big Fish today for the new L26500.

Now I'm getting nervous. Just tell me how much you love your machine to help assuage the pit in my stomach!

Locals Find!

Josh wouldn't steer your wrong. Relax if he told you it was the right choice for what you want to do. Its the right choice.

I haven't seen anyone come on here bitching about their choice of buying one yet.

Freese

Awesome. Can you design within Onyx? You know, simple stuff? Or is it simply a management software like Versaworks.
Using the term "design" loosely...yes.

With the preflight software paired with it you can scale, crop, rotate....

But nothing like designing in Illustrator.

Bly

Awesome. Can you design within Onyx? You know, simple stuff? Or is it simply a management software like Versaworks.

No. It's a RIP. It's function is to manage the output from your printer.
Design in Illustrator, Corel or Photoshop.

GB2

Old Member
I use the FlexiPrint L25500 Edition that typically comes free with the printer. I find that it does everything I need it to do and the cost is a no brainer. You can always go and buy Onyx later

VTSigns

You will love your HP Latex. They are great machines. I also run Caldera with mine and it is by far the easiest to operate from what I have gathered. I tried Onyx and if you have no prior experience with it then expect a decent learning curve. Caldera can be picked up with 10 mins of loading it on your machine. Like Colorado said, it's a less expensive option as well.

dypinc

What ever you do make sure you have the options to do complete color management with what ever RIP you purchase.

Of all the RIPs I have used over the years, Flexi, Onyx, Harlequin, Fiery XF, Colorgate, and sampled, Caldera, PosterJet, and probably others I can't remember I keep coming back to ColorGate. But they have a very poor presence in the US.

To be fair I have not tested ONYX 10. If they now have the Adobe PDF 2.5 print engine, ONYX might be okay now.

signswi

Onyx 10.1 here with an L25500, no problems. Very simple to operate and we've basically completely automated the process with quicksets and networked hotfolders.