• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some tips on installing a printed sign

tomence

Hi everyone
i got a 4ft x 12 ft printed sign to install on a semi trailer, now so far i have installed only cut vinyl signs with transfer tape on them, but this is one piece printed sign and i am wondering should i apply transfer tape or should i install it without transfer tape. The trailer has rivets every two feet so whats better method to use transfer tape or no transfer tape. Also if no transfer tape how should i install it. I am worried about the rivets.

What is it printed on?
If printed on good media which it should be I wouldn't use transfer tape. Don't worry about the rivets go over them like they aren't even there then come back and finish them over.
If you are going to use transfer tape us Digi Mask

advsign22

What kind of vinyl was it printed on?
Is it laminated?

You need to know this information, it will determine the method of installation.
Ken

No transfer tape IMO, but the right material will make a difference. If using a calendered media, it'll make the rivets more difficult to conform and they will eventually pop back. cast media will be best for ease of installation and longevity of the installation. Either way, i'd sugest center tape and hinge method more than likely - control your air and work to the row of rivets, then tackle the rivets in a vertical motion. You should be able to get a good lay, and no popping bubbles and workin them too much. A good roller or rolle pro would work well.