• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need suggestions - cracked pan face

FASTSIGNS

Hi all,
Customer is requesting if we can mend this crack in this pan face. Top left near the "cougar" and in the curve of the pan. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_4599.JPG
    IMG_4599.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 406

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Use Weld-On 16 and hope for the best. Be sure to tell them it is not a proper fix what-so-ever, but more of a band-aid, til they can afford to do it correctly. It would also help, if you glued a piece over the top of the crack for added support. It's quite evident that the area in question is fatigued and the only thing gonna really help it, is to replace it.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'd really steer them to a new sign. If that is cracked, how long will it be before another crack develops and falls on some kids head? Would you be liable if you welded it and it didn't hold or something else broke and it blew out?

Johnny Best

That is a pretty bad crack on the pan face. You would have to pull that face and bring back to shop. It is going to look bad when lit with the kind of patch you need to fix it strong again. Like others have said, tell them they need a new face because it will break more as time goes on.