• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need to approve my application method?

Stacey K

I like making signs
I have a lighted sign to letter. It's like 18"x6' I don't need a step ladder. A customer is asking me - for the owner of the sign - what my application process is so they can approve it. I'm not sure how to answer that question? Are they concerned I will remove the face or do they not want me using certain chemicals? Nobody has ever asked me this before. It's a new lighted sign and I did not install it.

I assume I can use alcohol to clean and masking tape to adhere the decal????? I really do not know how to answer this...

SteveQuincey

On Site Trans Cut Vinyl Install. Maybe the owner is concerned you are going to apply some washed out ink printed trans...

Stacey K

I like making signs
I would love to apply trans cut vinyl but I have not been able to find pale teal which is in her logo. I had it printed and contour cut last time. I'm up for suggestions!

unclebun

Why don't you ask them what they mean by that question? Usually a question like that is loaded because they are concerned about some particular thing and want to make sure you don't do it. Like, they don't want the lettering painted on the tenant face that they would like to be reusable for future tenants. In that case, they just want assurance that you're using vinyl lettering.

SteveQuincey

I haven't found any solutions for Ink Print trans looking washed out. My father used to paint trans signs but I'm sure it takes some practice.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Why don't you ask them what they mean by that question? Usually a question like that is loaded because they are concerned about some particular thing and want to make sure you don't do it. Like, they don't want the lettering painted on the tenant face that they would like to be reusable for future tenants. In that case, they just want assurance that you're using vinyl lettering.
I just sent over my certificate of insurance and asked if there was as specific concern I could address...my thought is they are trying to push her to use their sign guy.

Billct2

The solution for washed out prints is a day/night layered print.
I was just asked the same thing for the first time...and I am using cut translucent vinyl.
They were concerned that I match the other panels on the sign.
I think it may be from people either using replacement panels which have a different color than the existing, which can be hard on old signs.
Or they have had issues with printed panels, either washed out colors or printed with a white background that doesn't match.

SteveQuincey

The solution for washed out prints is a day/night layered print.
I was just asked the same thing for the first time...and I am using cut translucent vinyl.
They were concerned that I match the other panels on the sign.
I think it may be from people either using replacement panels which have a different color than the existing, which can be hard on old signs.
Or they have had issues with printed panels, either washed out colors or printed with a white background that doesn't match.
Just watched a video about that process; That's wicked cool.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Update. Customer talked to the owner, they are OK with me doing the job. They wanted her to use their sign guy, as I suspected, which is a large sign shop in a nearby town. I do like the fact they are going local since they are a new business in the community, it's always good to give the local peeps business. Hopefully I'll get more more future business from them with this step in the door. Thanks all for your Reponses!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I always wonder if someone says "I want to shop local so we're going with you" does that really mean.... "You had the cheaper price and I don't want to tell you that but I want to make it sound like I'm doing something good"

Stacey K

I like making signs
I always wonder if someone says "I want to shop local so we're going with you" does that really mean.... "You had the cheaper price and I don't want to tell you that but I want to make it sound like I'm doing something good"
LOL! She never asked me for a price but she's renting the spot out and has done all her business with me in the past and has been happy with my work so I think she pushed to have me do it. I'm probably cheaper too but I can't imagine it's by too much.

signage

LOL! She never asked me for a price but she's renting the spot out and has done all her business with me in the past and has been happy with my work so I think she pushed to have me do it. I'm probably cheaper too but I can't imagine it's by too much.

So are you saying you're a cheap date:dog42:

Glad to hear you get the job!

Last edited:

CanuckSigns

Usually " i would prefer to support a local business" actually means " ill buy it from you if you match this price I found online from Malaysia"