• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need to build "feet" for a free standing sign...

I have to produce a 4'x8' sign that is going to be moved around downtown while they are doing road work this year. (When they are in front of a store it will have a rider saying, "we're still open!", etc...) It is going to be very similar to the real estate signs we normally do, which we have bases for that we use in the winter when we can't put the posts in the ground. The only problem is that I can't use those for this... they are too big.

Specs:

4x8' Alumilite sign
8' 4"x4" posts

I was thinking about building a form and pouring some concrete, but like I said it has to be semi-mobile. I have also been toying around with doing something with cinder blocks... Or putting wheels on it...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jake

Last edited:

TheSellOut

A banner won't work eh? I would think that you are going to have build some concrete forms, 2 or 3, to hold this sign in place through the wicked NE winter weather.

Marlene

maybe posts in those big white pails filled with concrete might work. you could pre-drill the sign so all you have to do is set down the pails with the posts and mount the sign. are you using the thinner alumalite so the weight of the sign is a little less?

omgsideburns

It's not pretty, but all the construction signs I see like that are look like 2" square tube feet with sandbags over 'em.

TheSellOut

If you could form these out of concrete they would likey work!

Attachments

• Sign Feet.jpg
    Sign Feet.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 545