• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need to find some J-molding

cdiesel

Hi guys, haven't been on much lately as we've been swamped.

I'm trying to find some J-molding like the photo below and am not having any luck. Needs to have the capacity to hold about 1" or so, and be fairly rigid. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• 726372011085md.jpg
    726372011085md.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited by a moderator:

Edna

gest bend some .004 aluminum on a brake. We make stuff like that all the time on are's.
We are now even getting into bending complete sign boxes with interal LED lights all bend out of alumnium.

If you ain't got a brake any heating and cooling place would have one (for bending duck work in heaters)

cdiesel

We really need it to be plastic, and plastic extrusion will be much less expensive than bending 040 alumium. Thanks though.

webguru

Hi guys, haven't been on much lately as we've been swamped.

I'm trying to find some J-molding like the photo below and am not having any luck. Needs to have the capacity to hold about 1" or so, and be fairly rigid. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

726372011085md.jpg
You might try calling your local drywall supply house(not Lowes) but a main supplier. That looks to be J for capping off drywall. Not sure if they make it to cap shaft board which would be near the size you need. You might even look into the J-channel for vinyl siding.

Edna

J channel for vinyl siding then. Any home depot type place would have that.
Besides, if you can't find any how do you know it will be cheaper???

webguru

Now just trott on over to Phoenix, AZ with it and his problem is solved. You are the best Edna.