• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need to get rid of fonts

steve b

Does anyone know the easiest way to delete all added on fonts, without disturbing the originals that came with windows xp pro?

Appreciate any help here

steveb

OldPaint

well only ones you dont want to delete are the SCREEN FONTS... then you cant read anything.
find the name of those fonts in your OS write the name down so you dont forget...then use corel font nav/ or any font nav program to delete those you dont want.
problem being if you ever layout something with a font you delete, you will have to reinstall it to see the layout properly.

GK

just curious of why you would wanna delete fonts? If your software is being bogged down because of them, then I would do as already suggested in getting a font manager. Extensis Suitcase Fusion for Mac and Extensis Suitcase for Windows for 2000/XP/Vista systems. FontExpert is another very well developed program for windows. This way you can store your fonts somewhere else other then in your main font directory (which will make your software that uses fonts slower) and you can activate fonts when you want to use them.

steve b

Hey thanks for the help. Yes, too many installed ...and taking a long time to start some of these programs. I will look into all of the suggestions.

Thanks Again,
steveb