• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEED TO KNOW

PrintGod31

All Hail Johannes gutenberg
Whats yalls go to masking tape?? Like for lining up graphics and just general around good tape.

Send me the links!

OhioSigns

Magnets whenever possible...... for tape I use the blue 1" Duck Clean Release painters tape. Generally has enough hold and doesn't leave any adhesive.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
For general transfer tape, I use RTape and for some specialty work, I use TransferRite 6798 (very high tack).

For general masking and light-tack transfer use, I use the cheap Duck Brand (WalMart) masking tape, and I save my 3M masking tape for more aggressive uses (transferring monument stencil).

Not knowing how 3M's move to focusing on N95 face masks will affect the future of tape supply , I went out and bought a year's supply of tape...perhaps a fuzz more. Skeptics can laugh, but as of today there's still a dismal supply of TP in my neck of the woods. All it takes is a panic and there goes the neighborhood...

JB

CanuckSigns

We have a tape supplier who gave us a sample roll of washi tape, it's what auto body shops use, it's great, high tack but come off with no residue. And best of all it's $2 a roll

Dan360

3M 201, used to use Tesa but 3M sticks much better to everything. One of our suppliers has it real cheap.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Anybody recommend a better outdoor pattern tape than gorilla tape?

I can't stand the thoughts of killing gorillas just to make tape. Everybody knows dinosaurs are already dead, so it seems like a better choice. I'm still on the lookout for a more sustainable alternative for frog juice.

http://www.trextape.com

Last edited:

Jester

Slow is Fast
I like the 3M Scotch Delicate Surfaces Tape. 3M advertises 60-day clean removal. This purple tape sticks to digital vinyl much better than the common blue painters masking tape (14 day), the Fine Line Blue (21 day) or the "natural" colored paper masking tape (? days). Perfect for use on the cutting/mounting table and for taping rolls of vinyl when storing them.

Whats yalls go to masking tape?? Like for lining up graphics and just general around good tape.
BTW, how did this thread devolve to Duct Tape?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We have a tape supplier who gave us a sample roll of washi tape, it's what auto body shops use, it's great, high tack but come off with no residue. And best of all it's $2 a roll

Hey Scott, would love some more info on this. Care to share the supplier/specs? (You can send me a PM if you prefer) I cringe every time I pay $3+ for a roll of 1" painters tape!!
Cheers,
Pat