• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need to make a 20' wide by 8' banner

chartle

I need to make a big banner.

I this is an inside job not something I have to sell. I first told the people designing it to have it printed in one piece by a banner company they use all the time but not enough time.

I've never done a seamed banner and wondering should I seam it as two pieces 20' by 4' or print 4 vertical panels and seam it that way. I'm afraid if I do two long wide pieces it will punker in the middle.

Its going to be installed inside a party tent hung from the tent structure.

thanks

Salmoneye

We seam them horizontally and have had no problems. I print with an overlap, then trim the top piece. We then lay and align the banners out on a racquetball court of one of our customers. Fold back the top piece, run hem tape on the bottom one, fold top piece back over onto bottom piece, then pull the paper on the tape away at a 45 degree angle. The top banner automatically makes contact as you slowly pull the paper away. It is a little tricky making sure that nothing ever gets stretched as you do the whole deal but I have never had more than an ever so slight wrinkle and misalignment of 1/4" due to printing variation.

chartle

The issue I have is I have no where clean to roll it out. I have thousands of square feet of enclosed space but it all dirty garage.

Maybe I can talk to my sons, they are working as summer janitors at one of our local elem schools and maybe I could use the gym. I also know all the regular guys there.

chartle

OK just talked to the designer and we are probably do it as 5 individual 4' wide panels and not seam them.

For the edge I'm just going to use Banner Up Power tape instead of a hem. Its easier and it will give it I think a slightly better edge smooth edge since I would be hemming by hand with double sided banner tape.

2B

There are plenty of company that can do same day or next day completion on a banner this size with no seams and can ship express.

Signs2trade

signs365

typestries

wyldgfi

IMO the headache of trying to piece this together is not worth the hassle when you can get it done just as quick

chartle

This is more of an art installation so the separate panels would actually work better. They are planning to hang other single panel banners in other places.

thanks for the help

2B

gotcha,

then make sure you use smooth, no curl, with a matte finish and you will be good