• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need to replace Fuses

martin

I have a 1304 and which is not printing , looking to replace the F2 fuses and need a technical manual and also any help on the best way to replace them. Where to buy ? Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks

S

spmracing

I have a 1304 and which is not printing , looking to replace the F2 fuses and need a technical manual and also any help on the best way to replace them. Where to buy ? Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks

I have like 10 of them.. send me your address ill send you one.

hapycmpr

Head Fuse from Radio shack

Martin
Please realize I have only been repairing my own LFP (large format printer) for less than 6 months.Mine is a first generation LFP Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Jr so the newer printers have newer technology that I haven’t begun to delve into. My first inclinationis that even though the head looks the same they may be different internally and preventing the printer from communicating to the heads. Test the fuses first as this would be the fastest way to diagnose. Or if the old heads were working at all, you could put them back in to see if you can restore it to the print quality you had before the head exchange. If you put old ones back in, and are still getting nothing it is time to test the fuses if you haven’t done this yet. Once you get to the head fuse with machine unplugged use a meter to test continuity if they are indeed blown then it was more than likely due to not having the printer unplugged while you were exchanging the head. (Don’t ask me how I know this) Once you find the fuse (one for the black and one for the color) then verify it is bad with meter and then follow this signs101 link.
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?80531-Print-Head-Fuses&highlight=head%20fuse
Or see how I did it by looking at the enclosed PDF file. I hope this helps. Do youhave the service manual. I might be able to get you one if it is needed.

Attachments

• Replacing Mutoh head Fuse.pdf
    905 KB · Views: 132

heyskull

Please before you start the fuse repair understand that the fuse is a safety part of the circuit and has blown for a reason.
We also changed the head cable and the print head as they were both over five years old and either one of these items or both caused the head to blow.
We had a tec in to replace the head and cabling and set it all up but on the plus side I gained a bit more experience and now would not hesitate to do this job myself.

I replaced the fuse on my 1604 with a same type.
It is possible if two of you are doing it and looks a lot neater than hapycmpr mish mash also be aware the fuse is not rated at 250 Volts 1 Amp!

SC

metal-n-more

Checking a fuse

This is an old post and this may sound stupid. This is about the head fuses on a mutoh 46 To test the fuse do you just take a meter on each side and should have continuity

Thanks John

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We always have head board fuses in stock shipping out of California. Order by 5PM will ship out the same business day.

Mainboard Fuse for Roland, Mutoh and Mimaki printers.

2.5A
2A
.75A
3.15A

Customer Service