• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need to source a sign produced from sustainable materials...

WhatsYourSign?

We don't typically work with wood but we have a client looking for a sign made entirely from sustainable materials, including posts.

Does anybody know where we can find a trade company who will produce signs and potentially sell posts as well from wood or other sustainable materials?

They're looking for an 8'W x 4'H sign.

Thanks in advance!

Jburns

plywood? thatsabout the size of a sheet.

Sorry to be short but there arent additional details provided- I assume they want to avoid foams and petroleum products- a guess.

neato

The problem is the word "Sustainable"

Definition: the quality of not being harmful to the environment or depleting natural resources, and thereby supporting long-term ecological balance

I think you might need to figure out what that means to your customer. I don't think there's a right answer. Wood is nice, but usually involves killing a tree, unless you reclaim wood from somewhere.

High Density Urathene might not seem sustainable on the surface, but no trees are harmed in the process, and it will outlast wood. But that also means it will still be hear 100 years from now along with all of the other plastic that's ever been produced.

It's hard to make a suggestion without more details on the project.

visual800

When clients come to you for "green" or "Sustainable" I think they have good intentions however price this eco stuff out, side by side with materials we use everyday and watch them not choose the "Sustainable" product. We get these kinds of folks once every now and then, Im sure they mean well

MikePro

"A variety of factors make HDPE a sustainable material that you can use in your facility, the major ones being the following: HDPE is made from recycled materials. ... Not only is HDPE sustainable by being made from recycled materials, but it's also 100% recyclable."