• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Transistors for Mutoh Falcon Jr. Main Board

qualitekp2

Hello all,

I desparately need Transistors for my Mutoh Falcon Jr. Main Board. The numbers on them are (A1469 R 5D4) and (c3746 R 1C2).

Does anyone have an old board that I could buy or can advise what substitute transistor I could use? If we know the voltage and the power, we might be able to find a substitute easily. Please help. Thanks.

I have pics attached.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 116

qualitekp2

I think the only way is going china:

C3746
http://www.satistronics.com/10-pcs-c3746-transistor_p380.html

A1469
http://w01.ic-trade.com/eparts/A1469.html

Voltage, power etc. is easy to find as datasheets are still available.
Thanks for the links.

I have many old circuit boards with transistors on them. The transistors I need seem to be rated at 60V/ 5A, one is NPN and one is PNP for high speed switching applications. My question is could I use any transistor that has the same or higher rating as a substitute? I need to fix my printer urgently and if I could use one from the circuit boards I have here that would be so good. Thanks in advance for your responses.

qualitekp2

Thanks for all your responses.

I took the transistors that control the color side of the printer and put it over to the side that controls the black because the color was working. The machine no longer shorts of with the bad transistors connected, but there is still no black ink flowing from the printer. So, there is some other part that is bad.

If someone has an old printer and would like to sell me the boards I would be very happy. Thanks.

graceman

Thanks for all your responses.

I took the transistors that control the color side of the printer and put it over to the side that controls the black because the color was working. The machine no longer shorts of with the bad transistors connected, but there is still no black ink flowing from the printer. So, there is some other part that is bad.

If someone has an old printer and would like to sell me the boards I would be very happy. Thanks.

Maybe silly question but have you checked the black head fuse?

qualitekp2

Maybe silly question but have you checked the black head fuse?
Not a silly question, but yes I did check. My color fuse went as well. When I bridged the color fuse, the color came back. when I bridged the black, the machine shorted off. The short was in those transistors, but there seems to be another problem on the board. I will have to get a new board.

You guys are great. This is my first time using this forum and I got so many replies in such a short time with people trying to help. Thanks a lot guys.

signage

Not a silly question, but yes I did check. My color fuse went as well. When I bridged the color fuse, the color came back. when I bridged the black, the machine shorted off. The short was in those transistors, but there seems to be another problem on the board. I will have to get a new board.

You should never eliminate a fuse in any circuit! The fuse is there to protect and only goes bad when something has cause a higher current flow! If you would have replaced the fuse with another one you would have been able to repair the board rather than having to replace!