Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Vector Help Quick!

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by CMRGRAFIX, Feb 28, 2007.

1. CMRGRAFIX

CMRGRAFIX Member

Apr 30, 2006
    I am struggling with the concept of how to vectorize a .jpg image. I have flexi 7.6 adobe illustrator cs, adobe photoshop, corel draw 3x. ANy help would be appreciated greatly I have to have the job done no later than friday. OR I would be more than willing to pay someone to vectorize them for me.??
    My email is cgm12785@charter.net I have the file but dont know how to post it

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. mladams7259

mladams7259 Very Active Member

Sep 7, 2006
  3. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    In Corel X3, try the Power Trace or just the Trace function.
    I recommend the Vector Doctor also.
    Ken

4. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    This is easy and a good one to learn on. The font is Garamond. Place the image in Illustrator CS. Use control 2 to lock it down. Now use the pen tool to click each place that there is a corner. Make sure you use no fill and only a stroke. You'll probably see real sharp spikes instead of the flat top like the example, so under the stroke palette there is a miter limit. It is probably on 4 - change it to 1 and you should be able to get the look you want. After you have set the type and drawn the line. Control-shift-O to change the fonts to outlines. Then select the line you drew and go to the Object menu to paths to outline stroke. You should be able to import into Flexi now so you can cut it.

Good luck!

5. NukeProof

NukeProof Member

Aug 31, 2006
    open X3. go to the bitmaps tab, trace bitmaps, line art. you can trace it in 20 seconds. if any of the lower letttering give you problems, re-type them out using Garmond Bold as bigdawg stated

6. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    OR if you want to learn....

how to do it yourself.....
    go to wire mode and use your pen tool and place the fonts.

Attached Files:

• 222.jpg
      222.jpg
      File size:
      34.2 KB
      Views:
  7. stuart@accupress.com

stuart@accupress.com Member

Nov 10, 2005
    Vector Doctor...

8. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Corel X3 - 45 seconds !

Attached Files:

9. canadianchef

canadianchef Member

Jan 15, 2006
  10. CMRGRAFIX

CMRGRAFIX Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Thanks guys for all the help I ended up using vectordoctor cause I was so crunched for time. I have since went back and learned all the methods you offered up as help. Thanks again...

11. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Recreate it in 15 minutes your done in Flexi

12. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Import it into Flexi then goto bitmap on the tabs on top then goto vectorize then to bezier, dones in seconds then just change your colour to black & red