• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Vector Help Quick!

CMRGRAFIX

I am struggling with the concept of how to vectorize a .jpg image. I have flexi 7.6 adobe illustrator cs, adobe photoshop, corel draw 3x. ANy help would be appreciated greatly I have to have the job done no later than friday. OR I would be more than willing to pay someone to vectorize them for me.??
My email is cgm12785@charter.net I have the file but dont know how to post it

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 170

Ken

In Corel X3, try the Power Trace or just the Trace function.
I recommend the Vector Doctor also.
Ken

Bigdawg

Just Me
This is easy and a good one to learn on. The font is Garamond. Place the image in Illustrator CS. Use control 2 to lock it down. Now use the pen tool to click each place that there is a corner. Make sure you use no fill and only a stroke. You'll probably see real sharp spikes instead of the flat top like the example, so under the stroke palette there is a miter limit. It is probably on 4 - change it to 1 and you should be able to get the look you want. After you have set the type and drawn the line. Control-shift-O to change the fonts to outlines. Then select the line you drew and go to the Object menu to paths to outline stroke. You should be able to import into Flexi now so you can cut it.

Good luck!

NukeProof

open X3. go to the bitmaps tab, trace bitmaps, line art. you can trace it in 20 seconds. if any of the lower letttering give you problems, re-type them out using Garmond Bold as bigdawg stated

Shovelhead

OR if you want to learn....

how to do it yourself.....
go to wire mode and use your pen tool and place the fonts.

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 148

CMRGRAFIX

Thanks guys for all the help I ended up using vectordoctor cause I was so crunched for time. I have since went back and learned all the methods you offered up as help. Thanks again...

ChicagoGraphics

Import it into Flexi then goto bitmap on the tabs on top then goto vectorize then to bezier, dones in seconds then just change your colour to black & red