Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need wall mount or some type of cutter

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by aaronJREgraphics, Oct 17, 2012.

1. aaronJREgraphics

aaronJREgraphics Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Im looking for a wall mounted or stand up panel cutter that will cut hard substrates such as dibond as well as non rigid substrates....i am aware of the kootoo but it didnt really sound like it would cut dibond and more rigid substrates. I obviously cut all my hard substrates with my table saw set up but i make a lot of dibond signs ranging in sizes from 10"x10" to 4'x4' and i need a faster more efficent way to cut my substrates. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Tags:
  2. eahicks

eahicks Very Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
  3. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
  4. dukebrown

dukebrown If they let me make it, they will come

Sep 19, 2011
    rosenberg,tx
    I like that, I hate the max metal shavings all over the outside of the shop and right now I am using a long T-sqaure and clamps to cut my other materials with much frustration and slipage issues. Thanks. But next years budget.

5. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
  6. 4R Graphics

4R Graphics Active Member

Jan 28, 2008
    The kootoo cutter people are merchant members i believe.

Did you contact them and ask?

Have been looking for similar tools but just window shopping for now.

7. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Maybe a jump shear? Can get small hydraulic shears also. There will be nothing faster or cleaner as long as it makes a decent cut.
    If there is a local HVAC place or fab shop maybe you could check out the cut ability on their shear?
    I'm curious myself...hmmm

http://www.grizzly.com/products/52-Sheet-Metal-Shear/G5772