• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need wrap experience in NEPA

llombardo

I recently did my first two wraps on box trucks. The company I did them for has between 50 and 80 new trucks to be wrapped. They begin to be delivered in March. I would like to gain as much experience/practice as possible before they arrive as I will need to train others to assist me. (they need at least 3 a day wrapped).

My questions are:

Does anyone need help wrapping in the northeast PA area?

Is there anyone in the same area that would be interested in assiting with these trucks in the spring?

It is in the Wilkes Barre/Scranton area.

wildside

You took a job you dont know how to do? 50-80 box trucks to wrap without experience could bankrupt you fairly easily......

Snydo

That is a pretty ambitious job for someone who needs experienced installers. Are you talking full wraps or just 5 or 6 panels down the side of a box truck? In March it will be cold, you will need to thoroughly clean, dry, and warm each vehicle before applying film, you will need a pretty solid team to crank out 3 a day. At least you have plenty of time to figure things out. Best of luck.

llombardo

They are just the sides and back doors. It is a combination of box trucks and tractor trailers. As far as the experience thing, I know how to do it, in fact i was told that they were done "too good". They dont need them perfect as they will be changed each year (they are selling advertising on their trucks). My problem is speed. I followed the "proper" way and it takes me entirerly too long. They need the trucks done quickly. Im actually embarreced to say how long haha but they did come out great.

HulkSmash

They are just the sides and back doors. It is a combination of box trucks and tractor trailers. As far as the experience thing, I know how to do it, in fact i was told that they were done "too good". They dont need them perfect as they will be changed each year (they are selling advertising on their trucks). My problem is speed. I followed the "proper" way and it takes me entirerly too long. They need the trucks done quickly. Im actually embarreced to say how long haha but they did come out great.

you wont wrap 3 semis in 1 day unless you got like 8 people.
nothing is done too good. And most likely these guys are shooting smoke, and wont bring you another one for a loooooooooooooooong time..

sorry just speaking from experience.

llombardo

That is a pretty ambitious job for someone who needs experienced installers. Are you talking full wraps or just 5 or 6 panels down the side of a box truck? In March it will be cold, you will need to thoroughly clean, dry, and warm each vehicle before applying film, you will need a pretty solid team to crank out 3 a day. At least you have plenty of time to figure things out. Best of luck.

I failed to address some of this. They are done onsite. The box trucks can be done inside their facility. The 53' trailers will have to be done outside when it gets warmer.

As far as the three a day. I believe they were referring to the box trucks. I dont expect to do any more then one trailer.

Im sure they will give me more. Its a company I worked for for 10 yrs prior to doing what I do now. I know them well. Thats is why they came to a cop to wrap their trucks and not call a company that does that.

jlrm

march wraps

Hi my name is Jose, I'm interested on helping you out. I live in Dallas Tx. I have plenty of experience, I've been wrapping for 10yrs I do quality and fast work. Box trucks in the right climate environment and that prepped for install are fast to work with. Make sure you don't have to uninstall any graphics or if they have any gadgets on the boxes that would interfere with the installs that would slow you down. How much are you wanting to pay. Hopefully you would consider my offer. Thanks for your time.