• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need yalls option on what and where to get.

moreheadsaebass

Ok so i am wanting some software that i can play around with mainly just to do some school work and to design some stuff i want for my truck (me and my fiance and a few friends want a glass scape (have to get one of yall to print it for me though), and to get a better fell for all of this to see if i would want to look into this for a career once i graduate. So what do yall suggest? I would if yall know or a decent one for free but i know the chances for that are very low. Also where is a good place to get your suggestion? Thanks guys.

JR's

Hi Sea Bass,
you can't go wrong with any of the Adobe suite products. Photoshop, illustrator, corral has nice products to.
I myself mostly use sign lab and Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
You could purchase sign lab from CAD link. And if you're still in college you could get some good deals on the Adobe products.

JR

moreheadsaebass

10-4 guys thanks. I will have to check in to them for sure. Got any tips on using them? Once i start playing with them i am sure i will get it but a heads up is always a plus once i have learned.

moreheadsaebass

Construction management (that and farm work is all i have ever done since i was about 8 (21 now)) but i have to take some design classes as well started taking them this semester and i kinda like them, so i found this site and just seeing where things go and keeping my options open. I know about as much as a ant about this stuff, but want to learn.

mountaingraphic

Hey Morehead. Glad to see a local on here. I use a combination of softwares for various things but it includes, Flexi, Adobe Illustrator(Bought recently and trying to learn), Corel Draw, and Inkscape(For Vectorizing stuff). I prefer to design in Corel currently but will soon prefer Illustrator when I get the hang of it and my layout abilities improve. I use Flexi for cutting and designing simple stuff.I think you would get a good deal on Illustrator since being a student and alot of people in the business use it.

Marlene

once you start your design class, you will be working with a design program and will learn in class if it is something that you would like to buy. design programs don't come cheap so it is a good idea to try it out in class first. as was said in another post, Adobe makes some really great software for design work and most likely, you will get a taste of it in your class.

moreheadsaebass

all my classes have to do with cad and inverter. to my knowledge they can not be used for this or can they? and 10-4 man thanks.

Also got another question while i got yall and dot have to ask latter. When doing a glass scape do i take a pic of it then play with everyhting on a scale or get the WxLxH and all lay it out then go from there?

J Hill Designs

ah perf vinyl on rear window...gotcha...I usually do it as wxlxh and superimpose on a pic of the truck..then you have a precise version and a "what it will look like" version.

moreheadsaebass

aww ok like i said i know less then a ant. and 10-4 man thanks for the info. once i get to the lab ill try and come up with how to do all of that.

Tom

Once you decide on a software bundle, check out www.needsoftware.com
As a student, you can get BIG discounts on full versions or academic versions.
BTW... I'm partial to CorelDraw... My 2 cents...

signage

Being a student I would look into Corel Draw suite, most students aren't rolling in the money to afford Adobe and almost everything that you can do in Adobe can be done in Corel!

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja