• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Needing a STRONG 4x8 Sign Frame to go into ground

HulkSmash

I'm needing a 4x8 frame to put in a double sided sheet of dibond in a VERY windy area. I already did this job with 4x4's but they snapped at the base where they were going into the ground. Very windy Area. I'm looking for a company or someone or anything that can make me or have pre fabricated sign frames made of steel that i can put 2-4 feet into the ground.
:thankyou:

MikePro

how bout 6x6's and instead of a vertical panel... make an a-frame?

granted, you're wanting to use a single dibond panel, so it might be a useless idea but just throwing that out there since a premade steel frame will cost you a bundle in shipping alone.

Drip Dry

http://www.4everframes.com/

There was some thread not too long ago about this

I've used these frames from another vendor and are
very strong. ( I think it's the same frame)
I put a 4 x 4 in the ground and then sleeved the pvc post over
the 4 x 4. The pvc needs to be just below grade. Use a couple of
heavy duty screws just below the surface.to secure it to the wood.
If you need to remove it.... take the screws out and away you go.

Zzyzx

A 4" x 4" square steel tubing will withstand a fairly large wind load. You can cover it with any material after installed. ie 1" x 6" redwood.
Chuck

threads1

Have you looked at any scrap yards. We have a guy here with acres of metal beams, posts. etc. You can usually pick up this sort of thing for about .30 on the dollar and they can probably cut it to length for you also. Just a thought.

JimmyG

A 4" x 4" square steel tubing will withstand a fairly large wind load. You can cover it with any material after installed. ie 1" x 6" redwood.
Chuck
I would use steel tubing 4x4 (1/8th" wall at least) also....paint it white and use cheap pvc caps or finials....angle iron frame in between...if ya don't weld, it's still easily bolted together...ya just need some tool to cut steel and a drill and some good bits....

LJ4133

Try 4everframes.com tell them you need aluminum inserts for heavy winds. They are PVC, and the aluminum inserts make them very strong. We had them build an outline of a church building that was 6' X 8'. Haven't had a problem.