• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

needing advice on 2nd laminator

Shadowglen

OK I have a Seal 54 EL laminator. I love it but the problem is the constantly changing out the media. I am printing a lot of signs on 54" and 30" the 30 inch are being done on Orange and Yellow vinyl's so there is no 54" media option. I use the 30" vinyl because I can get 30" laminate. The way the orders come in I am constantly re-threading the machine. this takes time and waste a little laminate each time so wondering is a good option for a less expensive 44" laminator I have seen the Drytac JM44 for around 1600 but not sure if this is a get what you pay for. the seal 54 was around 6,000 and I don't want to spend that again. so any suggestions on laminators or info/experience with the drytac or other electric cold lams for around 2 grand would be appreciated.... Thanks Dave

4R Graphics

try the US Tech laminators you can find them on ebay.

I have owned 2 of these and they work great.

I paid $2400 for a 65" brand new they really are pretty good especially if your needing a cheaper second laminator.

I have run prints 30 feet + with no problems
(other than some of the fit and finish and extra bells and conviences I cant see ever spending that kind of money on a lamintor especially cold roll no heat)

They have a 65" with take up reel and heat for something like $4000 its there cadillac

FatCat

Yup, couldn't agree more. My US Tech AK-600 has been a real workhorse for me. Can't complain - for the money you can't beat 'em.

TDFcustomSL

I'm more than happy with my us tech laminator as well. Got the ak series as well. Never had any issues with it that wasn't user error. And for 2200 bucks delivered I can't complain