Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing alil help getting the right stuff for vinyl wraps and stickers

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Nnevois, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Nnevois

Nnevois New Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Indiana
    Hey everybody, Here’s why Iv came, just from the lik reading iv done Aleady I’m sure I’m in a good spot, now I need a printer and cutter I can’t dish the 5-10 out for the best but I’m looking for a decent small business machine, now I’m Ill experienced but I’m more then capable to handle it, anyways I need to know what tbe set up should be or software, do I have the right idea getting each, how do I cut a print I mean anything I’ll be greatful.... thank you all it’s more then appreciated, don’t wanna start out buyin something that’ll ruin the whole idea lol
    Once again thank you much

Tags:
  2. balstestrat

balstestrat Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Europe
    I recommend youtube and reading the forum. You will find tons of similar questions and answers.

3. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    :popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
  4. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    Sorry to say, but 5-10 (assuming you're talking thousand) isn't getting you the best of much.

Might want to put that towards a good computer and online graphic design classes, and see where it takes you.

Good luck with your venture, if you did around here you'll find lots of info.

5. Nnevois

Nnevois New Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Indiana
    That’s why I mentioned I couldn’t dish out fir the best, maybe a direction, throw a guy a bone here, y’all are newbs once, that seems to be forgotten, Iv been scrolling this forum and as a person who uses forums daily for things and has a broad spectrum of knowledge, I can’t recall a single thread I read that didn’t have somebody being let’s say “over confident” to say it politely, in layman’s terms a f****** a******... but hey to each there own, it sucks to suck, any how thanks guys, you rock!

6. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    Yes, newbs that paid their dues and learned before diving in on their own. Maybe join roberts roundtable.
    What would possess you, or anyone else, to start a business that you know absolutely nothing about? My advice is if you know nothing, have zero industry experience and are unwilling to pay your dues then buy into a franchise.

7. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Spend your efforts on learning how to read and write the English language better, I guarantee that will make you more $$ in the long run.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
  9. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Find a wholesale source for production and focus on selling and computer graphic design. You'll only spend a few hundred on needed software and tools giving yourself a chance to jump in without serious investment.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Yep, everyone hasta start somewhere........ what made ya pick signs ?? You might do better at running a tanning salon or an Uber service driver. I'm sure you already have a car, so other than knowing your city, you're well on your way without a learning curve involved.

edit: you're not gonna get anywhere calling the people you want to help you a bunch of vulgar names.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Why do we bother...you got the correct answers here, you can buy some cheap equipment which may or may not work for you or the best advice, buy it wholesale till you've ramped up the business.

• Agree Agree x 2