• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Needing input and feedback on company logo

MadGraphixINC

Ok first off I wanna say thanks to God for everything he has done to get me this far and for finally humbling me and giving me the courage to finally take advantage of this forum and asking questions I should've asked YEARS ago..........Second I wanna thank signs101 and all its members for the help they have been to me.....

Ok heres the deal.....been managing shop for past 5+ years...I handle the Production side of the business-(installs, removal, screenprinting, printing, cutting, weeding, etc) . basically can handle everything except for the artwork......Im NOT A GRAPHIC DESIGNER!!!! Im self taught in Illustrator & Photoshop.... The artist/designer we have has been workin with us for bout 3 years.....Things haven't "progressed" artistically all that much during these 3 years... He only seems to step things up when and get motivated when someone else out does his work........Im hoping I can get some feedback and advice on few things I put together ...THANK YOU....

MadGraphixINC

heres another

Attachments

• MadgraphixOVAL.jpg
    MadgraphixOVAL.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 114

S'N'S

By you saying "here's another" I take it there should be designs in the first post....yes / no?

It looks like a bumper sticker, not a logo. A logo should not contain what you do, your phone number, location, web address, or anything but the company name and possibly an icon of some sort. It should be simple and to the point, which is to brand the business.

OldPaint

GOOD BUSINESS CARD.... for years.......my business card....was black n white..........in an oval similar to that.....

Attachments

• asignmintold.jpg
    asignmintold.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 107

Jillbeans

You could always sub it out to someone on here who is good at designing.
What you have looks really ho-hum and kind of unprofessional due to the lack of welding in the connected serifs.
Design your name first, then add your sub copy. You may or may not need an oval, as it overpowers everything.
Love....Jill

MadGraphixINC

You could always sub it out to someone on here who is good at designing.
What you have looks really ho-hum and kind of unprofessional due to the lack of welding in the connected serifs.
Design your name first, then add your sub copy. You may or may not need an oval, as it overpowers everything.
Love....Jill

im not a fan of the oval......atleast not for what im tryin to achieve...i just did it as practice using a vintage mechanics logo as reference.... ....it would be good for a tshirt maybe but not for the initial logo that's going to represent the company....I want something I can use universally on my paperwork, business cards, shop vehicles(van and pickup), outdoor signs and banners, ......... I want to step up the companys image and be more professional

MadGraphixINC

heres what our desiner has done and been using since 2012-present...... Im not a huge fan of them and that is why now im deciding to see what I can do to improve things

Attachments

• Mad Graphix LOGOS.jpg
    Mad Graphix LOGOS.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 118

Jillbeans

Your designer's ones are not much better, very dated looking.
You need to design for the audience you wish to attract.
If you want to attract the biker and redneck crowd, with a few "city slickers" keep on using those.
I think of Mad magazine when I see your name, or someone insane, or someone really p!ssed off.
Like I said, there are 101ers who will design you a great logo for a good price.
Namely Neato and myself, for starters, but I'm not a merchant member and I feel rude telling you this.

Marlene

once you do get your logo, how do you plan to do what you say you can? all the services seem to require a graphic designer to accomplish. what you might want to do is to have someone on staff, virtually, do that part of your business. as far as any of your looks, I'm glad that you said you weren't a designer as it's pretty clear that is true. if you a good at all the rest of the business, do look into having someone do the design work for you and I think things will work out OK. as far as any of your logos goes, there isn't much to go with so far as they all have a ton of issues. the oval is bad. people trying to make things "fancy" go for an oval. yours has an oval within an oval and special effects on the letters and so on. have you registered you name yet? if not using the overly done 1990's "graphix" might be a bad move as the day of the "x" has come and gone

ddubia

I think of Mad magazine when I see your name, or someone insane, or someone really p!ssed off.

What I'm guessing is that the connotation of "Mad" that they're aiming at is like referencing someone as having "mad skills".

The challenge is how to portray that in a logo.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you [and the powers in house] are not happy with your present designer, than start interviewing for a new one. Get new blood in there. You need it. While yours is nothing more than some placed items, there is nothing appealing about them. No pizazz, no appeal, no continuity not much of anything except a lot things gathered in one place, but no harmony among them. I'm not being insulting, but none of your attempts are any good. If your company has all the facets in there you mention, they should be able to afford a decent designer willing to output good stuff. Perhpas have a long in depth talk with him and tell it's coming down from above, that the bushes are gonna get rustled real soon, if design/creativity doesn't pick up soon. Put that under his @ss and see if it works.