• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Neon/Flourescent colors

cbaldwin

How do I get a Roland Versa Camm to print a neon color? Or is it even possible? Thank you in advance for any input.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
In a word, fluoresce needs to be added in order to make it neon. That's the component which makes it appear brighter than normal. It will hold the light longer and basically why you only see it in lighter colors.

cbaldwin

Ok, so I'll scratch trying to get a neon. I have tried printing a specific color, pantone 375, and it's not even getting close. Too dark, too yellow, a combination of both, etc. All I'm changing is the media profile. Could it be because my equipment has not been color profiled?

Ok, so I'll scratch trying to get a neon. I have tried printing a specific color, pantone 375, and it's not even getting close. Too dark, too yellow, a combination of both, etc. All I'm changing is the media profile. Could it be because my equipment has not been color profiled?

You could try adjusting your rendering intents. But as stated. Neons like metallics are that way because there is something additional besides just ink/pigment color that gives it it's color. That being said you can get the tone to match pretty close just not the overall brightness.

guitarguy69

Try sending to your printer as a spot color, using Pantone Solid Coated #375. Make sure your software is set up to recognize the spot color, and give that a try. I can only get to within 8-9 dE. using this method. Hard color to hit on a CMYK printer.