Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Neon glow in Flexi Pro

Discussion in 'Designs & Layouts' started by TCNEON, Aug 11, 2017.

1. TCNEON

TCNEON New Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Chicago, Il.
    Is there a way to put a "neon glow" around letters in Flexi Pro 10? This would be for sign sketches. Thanks for any help.

Tags:
  2. timgo

timgo Graphics Designer

Aug 20, 2016
    Delft
    Photoshop only...

3. TCNEON

TCNEON New Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Chicago, Il.
    No wonder I couldn't find it! Thanks!

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I used to use Corel, back in the 90's and there were tools for making that glowing effect. No idea what they were anymore, but there are lotsa Corel users here. Heck, you can do it in Illy, too

5. Joe House

Joe House Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    You might be able to do it in Flexi with some plugins. Not sure which ones to recommend though.

6. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    DFW
    Flexi 10 doesn't have the drop shadow? You could try using it, checking the transparent block, going into options and bluring it. Mess around with the transparency options and color till you have the desired effect. I've only used on small scale stuff.

7. TCNEON

TCNEON New Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Chicago, Il.
    I'll try it - thanks evryone.

8. IsItFasst

IsItFasst Member

Jan 16, 2008
    USA
    Never thought about using the transparency to try and make it work....I may try that myself. But I use Alien Skin Eye Candy if looking for an alternative.