• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Neon length

LisaAktseli

Hello every one.

I was wondering if there is any way or software which I could use to work out the length of a neon sign.

Thanks!
Lisa

LisaAktseli

Thanks for your reply.

I downloaded the Demo version of this software to see if it does what I'm looking for but I have a couple of questions. If anyone could help me that would be great!

Neon.jpg

I hope you can see the image above.

1) How can it be that all letters have the same length? If you see on the right hand side, most of the letters are 2540mm. Which I think is impossible!
2) Why the A and the P are shown to be 23156mm?? That's 23 meters! And that's for the inner shapes of the letters. How can it be 23m?

There must be something I'm missing here.
Any help?

timgo

Graphics Designer
Hi,

Your sign must be only in real size for export to Neon Fabric, for details contact to Neon fabric.
Neon-100.jpg

henryz

Hi Lisa, it's a little difficult to see the screenshot but, I haven't used Neon Wizard in yrs. now that they came out with leds. Your settings are in (mm), make sure your your dxf export settings are set correctly you can export example of a 1' diameter or a square to make sure everything is being imported correctly, but from what I recall yes the numbers on the right are the linear ft. of the run.

Hope this helps a bit.

Henry Z.

MikePro

i used CAD Tools by HotDoor, an illustrator plug in
select an object or objects while in scale, and it shows you the perimeter. ezpz. i use this to estimate trim cap for channel letter projects as well.