• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

neon window sign alternative

Kottwitz-Graphics

Hey, guys. I have a customer (read, cheap a$$), that wants a custom neon for her window, but doesn't want to pay for custom neon prices.

Is there a cheaper alternative to a neon window sign?

Kottwitz-Graphics

Rope lights.

Thanks. I'll check into it.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time with this one. This person (I can't call her a customer) has never bought anything from me. She just e-mails me and gets a price, then asks is there anything cheaper, and buys from somewhere else.... She did it with window vinyl, then again with her shop channel letters, and now with this....

I gave her a price for neon, just by going to google, finding a supplier, getting an online quote, and doubling it... I know she is going to complain about cost, try to get me to lower it, and go somewhere else...

Techman

I used to deal with thus type by trying to meet their needs. That was years ago.
Then one day I discovered some were using my services as a price base to justify some kind of expense.
Other were using my time as a quote point only. Never ever intended to purchase.
That was the last time. One trip through the waste of time game was enough.
Sounds like you are taking the same type of beating.
Can you send her down the road to the next sign shop?

CanuckSigns

Next time she calls, tell her due to a higher than usual work load, quotes now have a 5-6 week lead time, and if she's willing to wait you would be more than happy to supply her with a quote.

CanuckSigns

Thanks. I'll check into it.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time with this one. This person (I can't call her a customer) has never bought anything from me. She just e-mails me and gets a price, then asks is there anything cheaper, and buys from somewhere else.... She did it with window vinyl, then again with her shop channel letters, and now with this....

I gave her a price for neon, just by going to google, finding a supplier, getting an online quote, and doubling it... I know she is going to complain about cost, try to get me to lower it, and go somewhere else...

We had a client like this once, she had a shop she used who did very cheap work, but they had a $250 shop minimum, so she always came to us for the tiny jobs that she needed in a rush that the other shop wouldn't touch. After being told multiple times by her that she would send the next big order to us, I finally told her that I don't have any desire to be her backup safety net and cut her loose.