• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nerves, kids, snow & an auction

kstompaint

Tomorrow morning is the Sheriff's sale for a building that I've been chasing down for about a year now. I've got the $ all lined up and I'm ready to go but there's going to be some pretty stout competition and my stomach is churning. To add to it, my mother in law springs it on us at the last minute that she can't watch the kids tomorrow... And there's a snow storm so there may or not be delays / cancellations and my wife works EARLY. I may have to get all 3 kids to different places before I go to the auction. Nervous doesn't begin to describe it.

SignManiac

Don't worry, everything will work out fine. Just shove the kids in the trunk of your car!!!
Hope you make the buy...

saktrnch

If the storms that bad, school will be closed, as well as the airports. You could be the only one there. Bring the kids and make them part of the team. They might be really good, or they might act like you expect them to and distract the other buyers...

kstompaint

Well, my youngest is 18 months and she's a handful (my Dad calls her the devil baby). There's no way she's going. The snow seems to have stopped so a delay at most for school. As far as competition, there's one main guy who is actually a customer of mine and I'm a customer of his. He's a bit of a pompous ass but he has money. I think I want it worse than him... I'll let you know in 11 hours.

CES020

Have your kids distract the other guy. Spitting up on his shoes would be a good place to start.

Good luck!

Jillbeans

The snow may really work in your favor.
It will keep away the browsers and only the hardcores will attend.
If it's like our auctions, you can snag a snack for the older two kids and hold the devil baby. Dress her cute so she distracts the other bidders.
Just don't let your attention slip for even a second.
(on the auctioneer or the kids)
RJ is right about the limit, but don't be afraid to go just a little higher.
I've lost a few things because I was too cheap to go even 5 bucks more.
Good luck@!
Love.....Jill

kstompaint

I got it! I paid 25% more than I was hoping to but we really needed it. I can't get in for a month and the it will be on to interior renovations. I'm already lining that up because the payment on top of my rent is going to suck.

It's not much to look at (yet). I'll post pix later.

kstompaint

Just under 1/2 acre in a very visible location on a highly traveled road across from a gas/diesel station in a township with no zoning and very little regulation. It's bare bones inside. The main area is about 40'x60'. There are several smaller rooms in the back. The door to the right in the photo is a 20'x50' bay. There's a small framed office that will be removed in favor of a much larger room (and maybe a loft above) to house our printer , laminator, plotter, computers and work tables. I'll be studding it out to ad insulation. I have a 12'X24' paint booth to install. Eventually, I plan to add a metal roof and dryvit or a similar finish to the front. The second small entrance door (with the little roof) is framed in place of another garage door that's the same size as the smallest existing garage door. The garage door and track is still there, so I may remove the framing to restore the bay access. Besides working from my garage at home this will be my first shop that isn't rented... WOOHOO!

The rented shop that we have now is on top of a hill with a steep 1/4 mile gravel drive. It's a poorly insulated steel building so it is very difficult to heat.

Attachments

• new shop.jpg
    new shop.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 99

Jillbeans

Really glad you got it!
That will look nice with a new coat of paint.
I'm going to the auction on Saturday.
I really need a new bed and there's a nice depression era one.
Also some occupied Japan colonial figure knick knacks, my secret love.

SignManiac

Glad it turned out well. You will love your paint booth. Mine too is a 12x26'. I put in a 7'h, x9'w. Roll up garage door to easily roll big stuff in or a car perhaps. Something to consider ?