• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Neschen Canvas & Black and White

bull-deano

Hey all,

Seem to be having some issues with printing black and white on some Neschen Monet Canvas. We setup the quality as per the manufactures recommendations. Using the MAC7 Roland profile, sign and display, etc,... Problem is it is printing with an overly noticeable green cast. Seems to be an ongoing issue with greys across a wide spectrum of media though.

Raster / Photographic work is setup to use the AdobeRGB color space and everything is soft proofed before hand. Not until it starts printing do you see this cast. Taking the print outside in the sunlight just makes it worse for viewing.

Does anyone else exhibit these grey printing green issues?

We use a Soljet XC540 ProIII.

Thanks.

sfr table hockey

Does it show a grayscale option. In flexi it has CMYK CMYKLcLm and the grayscale.

It is hard to print a nice B&W picture with CMYK. Grayscale works a lot better.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I noticed it quite a bit at times....you can make advanced adjustments in Versaworks for the XC 540. Try using the color sliders first to remove yellow then cyan first. If that doesnt work, go to the advanced area where you can mess with the color Curves of the profiles. Try adjusting them manually...its similar to photoshop curves...then save the setting you find and use it for future jobs. It turns into trial and error. The other option is to use the 1440 dpi...Ive noticed on my XC that using 1440x720 brings a truer color at times. We are running Versa with Sericol bulk inks....but process is same for versa either way.