• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nesting prints with Flexi Production Manager

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We have several designers dropping multiple print files into a hot folder for the print tech to print thru his RIP station using Flexi Production Manager. Is there any way to nest any of the files into the white "dead" space of other print files? i.e. three pre-nested 18 x 24's from one designer will have an empty space but Flexi won't allow use of that space for any smaller files. Kind of a pia to do manually from a designer.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hold the Ctrl button and select the files you want to nest. Once you select the files you want, right click and a menu will pop up and nest will be an option. It will automatically nest them.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Thanks VanderJ. That's the method he's using although it nests the files it won't allow you to drag a file into that dead space or "overlap" files.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks VanderJ. That's the method he's using although it nests the files it won't allow you to drag a file into that dead space or "overlap" files.

There is a check box on the bottom left corner of the layout window that is labeled, "Manual nesting". Make sure that is checked and you should be able to move them freely. It doesn't let you overlap though.

bannertime

So we haven't experimented with this yet, but you could try the Auto Nest in the Setup Properties. It should only nest jobs that have the same presets, but no promises. Not sure how big your setup is, but you could "Duplicate Setup" and have them designated for banner, sav, etc. Each duplicate can have it's own hot folder. Then auto nest would for sure nest similar jobs.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 353

brycesteiner

There is a check box on the bottom left corner of the layout window that is labeled, "Manual nesting". Make sure that is checked and you should be able to move them freely. It doesn't let you overlap though.
I'm not seeing these options for nesting when selecting a group of files. Is this when they are being imported or after they are ripped in the job manager?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Just as I suspected, he's already using that method. Won't allow it. It would be nice to have an option to "ignore white space" or something to that effect.

upload_2018-12-13_10-15-48.png

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Just as I suspected, he's already using that method. Won't allow it. It would be nice to have an option to "ignore white space" or something to that effect.

View attachment 138014

Yeah I wish they would add the feature to the RIP layout screen instead of having to do it in designer. If those red squares are able to be sent as single jobs and then nested it should work the way you want it. If they can't be sent separately, you're out of luck.