• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nesting with Onyx 19

JonDood

Quick question regarding nesting, we're using Onyx 19 & a S40600 to print and cutting with an old S160.

We just bought the Epson a couple of days ago and after figuring out profiles etc we're very happy to get rid of our old Xerox. (I don't even know what model it was, about 8 years old?) but after using Caldera for so long we're a bit stumped.

I'm sure there is a way to limit the amount/size of a page before printing a new barcode for our Suma... but we can't figure it out.

Ideally we want to be able to print 200 copies and have Onyx allow us to set a limit before seperating to a new page with a new OPOS barcode. i.e 200 total images, with 30 images per page.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I’d set up the 30 copies or whatever sheet size you prefer, then after you’ve hit print now, edit the layout copies. I.e 7 copies, then change the space between copies to your liking.

That or you could edit the sheet size you have selected, keep the width as-is then change the length to your ideal sheet size instead of 200m or whatever it’s set to. That way once you hit print now, you’ll get to send each sheet individually.

JonDood

I do the 30 images and then just bring it back up and reprint until I'm done.
That's what we're doing at the moment, but as we're printing to a roll we'd like to just fire and forget as we're using the wide format for specialty jobs and don't have a dedicated man. (Industrial printers)

I’d set up the 30 copies or whatever sheet size you prefer, then after you’ve hit print now, edit the layout copies. I.e 7 copies, then change the space between copies to your liking.

That or you could edit the sheet size you have selected, keep the width as-is then change the length to your ideal sheet size instead of 200m or whatever it’s set to. That way once you hit print now, you’ll get to send each sheet individually.

It was so obvious! I swear we looked at this setting a thousand times. Just had to set up a custom roll length. (We had assumed this would cause the Epson to panic and tell us it was out of vinyl.)

Cheers.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Depends if they’re all the same or not, I run a Colorado and the first way I mentioned makes my life easier. We had a 6000sqm job (approx 65k sq ft) and I basically just told it in the layout copies to print 600 copies or whatever with a 80mm space between.

Even as a roll ran out the Colorado kept count of how many sheets it had done so it was just a case of putting a couple new rolls in every couple hours or so. Saved a lot of counting lol

mdjamesd

Layout the graphics how you want them in your design program. Open that file in Onyx, under the print tab in job editor, enter the number of copies you want. In Rip-Que, on the right, at least in onyx 18, select print jobs individually. now, every "layout" will be printed with its own barcode

Make sure that the option for start printing automatically is selected.

jpescobar

Did you got Onyx 19 bundled with the printer or you purchased it ? Because I thought Epson provide their own RIP software "Epson Print Edge" or maybe it depends on sales region.