• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nesting

Tony Teveris

How many Omega users would use a nesting option to nest vinyl only (cut objects) on a specified sheet or roll?

Would anyone want the same for Edge jobs? This would require gradient fills to be rotated / flipped with object.

User would specify sheet/roll size, spacing and rotation increment of objects.

Marlene

it might come in handy as I kind of do it on my own and it might be nice to be able to more efficiently.

Jillbeans

Tony, is this a trick question?
I "nest" stuff like crazy.
All those years of Home Ec and sewing things made me VERY good at using every last bit of material.
You mean some people can't figure this out on their own?
Love....Jill

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
ditto to everyone else...i'd be very interested...especially since it's a pain to do a color sep for cutting with the smart edits now....not that i don't like the smart edits....cause i love the REACTION

Tony Teveris

Ok, is it not time comsuming to apply nested objects back into a sign?

fenris242 - explain your "pain" a little bit more either in this thread or you can email me with examples.

Jill you would have to upgrade ( about the cost of that Europe trip your about to take)

omgsideburns - thought about that

animenick65

Ok, is it not time comsuming to apply nested objects back into a sign?

fenris242 - explain your "pain" a little bit more either in this thread or you can email me with examples.

Jill you would have to upgrade ( about the cost of that Europe trip your about to take)

omgsideburns - thought about that

Nesting should be a standard feature on Omega Composer. Why it isn't already there is beyond me.

GoodPeopleFlags

I'm thinking that there might be too many variables in each job to do it well. For example, one job might have an lpi of 70 while one has lpi 40. Then with the different profiles 'n' such, Color Corrections, etc... Or maybe I misunderstand what you mean. I may not be explaining myself very well but I think you can get the jist of what i mean.

omgsideburns

what would be neat is to open several jobs in composer and then assign your colors/cuts, then output all OPEN files and it could autonest and you could move them around or something. (i export from signlab as GAD, open in composer and just assign colors/cuts). what do i know though, im running OLDmega........... =\

Malkin

tony, I would be willing to bet that in order for the software to do that, you would need to make files with only the parts to be printed/cut. No background shapes, or vehicle outline, etc.

What would be handy, (pardon me if it is already there, I have a fairly old version of Omega/Composer) is a simple nesting option that would allow for various quantities and sizes of the same thing. Currently, you have to repeat it manually to achieve this. The biggest problem is that it uses more memory when done manually. Esp with images sent to the Edge.

Tony Teveris

I'm strictly talking about vinyl ONLY (cut objects) no routing data yet but will go there later. I'm talking about saving material. I need to post a picture. I really can't see nesting Edge jobs. I'm also not sure where to put it, Composer or Plot or both. In Composer it would be more of a select what to nest and do it. Plot would be more built in as "Output by Color" or something like that. Handling multiple jobs together may not be in the early picture but it is a thought.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
the issue i talked about: an example....

i type the word "the" and put an outline on it....the outline and the text are two separate colors, and i want to cut vinyl and not print the design....when i select the text to move it separate from the outline - the outline moves with it.....when i select the outline and move it away from the text - as soon as i move the text again, the outline redraws to the text's new location...so do to a color separation...i have to either copy/paste or hold the ctrl key and pull a copy of the outline, then turn the outline off....

hopefully that made sense....if not, let me know, and i'll send an email with picture explanation...