• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

networking a CG 130 fx

anthony smith

I recently added a JV33 160 to our shop.
We already run a jv3 and a CG 130 fx Cutter,
I jus don't have room for another cutter so I would like to
run my plotter for both machines is there a way to network the
plotter so I don't have to unplug from one system to the other when
I have cut jobs on the different printers.
Thanks in advance

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Only way I know that you can work this is for all 3 to be connected to the same machine. Depending on what RIP you use there are options but again all 3 would need to connect to the same machine. We use FlexiSign which breaks into 2 parts - Production Manager and FlexiDesign. PM (Production Manager) is the actual RIP and we have that on a separate dedicated machine and the design computers simply send jobs to it. That being said, all devices (unless they happen to have a factory Ethernet option) have to connect directly to that RIP computer. We have a JV33, Epson Stylus Pro, Gerber Edge, Summa cutter, and a Allen Datagraph cutter all connected to ours. Cabling is the tricky bit since its a lot of machines that all have to be close to one computer. The Allen Datagraph used serial, the Edge uses parallel, the Epson has Ethernet and the Summa and Mimaki are USB. The Epson we can pretty much put anywhere since it is Ethernet. The others all have differing length cables but you are limited to an extent on cable lengths but you can also use repeaters with some success.

You might be able to get a USB over Ethernet adapter to work but I've never tried one...

anthony smith

Thanks that is what I thought, I do run flexi and was hoping to run the printers on different computers,
I have tried saving the cut job to networked hard drive but never works
Right now I just switch out the cable from machine to machine
thanks for the imput