• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Networking a Mimaki CG160 FX?

Mythbeliever

Anyone know if you can plot to a Mimaki cutter that is USB plugged into a machine on a network via FlexiSign Pro8.

I currently print via the network with FlexiSign Pro and would like to be able to cut from Flexi for my couture cutting. The printer and cutter are two different machines.
To couture cut our prints we have to make a matching illustrator file(i.e. the registration marks and the cut lines) and use finecut.

Is there a way to do this from a networked computer?

LittleSnakey

The way I do it with our Summa:
1. save the cut file out of flexi's product manager as a *.plt file to the computer that is connected to the cutter.
2. send the *.plt file to the cutter using the software provided with the cutter, in our case we use Summa cutter control.

Since this worked for me I changed the settings in the product manager such that when I hit send it saves the file to the cutter's computer.

The summa tech was quite surprised this method worked.
It may work for you, give it a try on a small sample.