Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networking a Mimaki CG160 FX?

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Mythbeliever, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Mythbeliever

Mythbeliever New Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Anyone know if you can plot to a Mimaki cutter that is USB plugged into a machine on a network via FlexiSign Pro8.

I currently print via the network with FlexiSign Pro and would like to be able to cut from Flexi for my couture cutting. The printer and cutter are two different machines.
    To couture cut our prints we have to make a matching illustrator file(i.e. the registration marks and the cut lines) and use finecut.

Is there a way to do this from a networked computer?

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

USB to Ethernet Cable maybe. Set up your cutter with an internal IP Address...

3. LittleSnakey

LittleSnakey Member

Jan 12, 2008
    The way I do it with our Summa:
    1. save the cut file out of flexi's product manager as a *.plt file to the computer that is connected to the cutter.
    2. send the *.plt file to the cutter using the software provided with the cutter, in our case we use Summa cutter control.

Since this worked for me I changed the settings in the product manager such that when I hit send it saves the file to the cutter's computer.

The summa tech was quite surprised this method worked.
    It may work for you, give it a try on a small sample.

4. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Yeah you could probably get around it using Cut to File, no idea how to do it in Flexi though.

5. Mythbeliever

Mythbeliever New Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Ok thanks I'll try the Cut to File.