• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Networking Flexi (and XP an Vista)

EternalAudio

I have 3 machines. My desktop has Flexi installed on it connected to the printers and plotters. (Running XP) One of my laptops (running XP) running flexi connects to the desktop to send all the jobs. (It allows me to choose which production manager I want to use.. 3 options, local machine, network machine, and something else.) The laptop with Vista... I cant seem for the life of me to get that little window to pop up to choose network machine....

Any ideas on how to get that to pop up?

Version 7.6

If I hook up the plotter directly to the laptop (vista) I can cut just fine.... I just cant get to select network machine

EternalAudio

Theres absolutely no possible way to get that little window to pop up in Vista? No way to edit one of the files to get it to look at a network connection instead of remote?

JS

Yes it will work

I just had a new machine installed today. The tech set it up for me in about 15 minutes and it works perfect. One machine has vista and the other has XP. The are both connected to a linksys router. I don't know anything about networking but he did it for me and it works great. Nothing special needed. He hust set the IP address or something like that.

eforer

just a quick FYI for everyone. 8.5 does not support networking between a design app on one machine and the production manager on another. SAI is working on it, but right now its a no go.

If you're work flow demands that (fortunately mine doesn't) wait to upgrade as you'll lose this functionality until its fixed.