Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networking Issue (wired and wireless)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by mesheau, Mar 11, 2011.

1. mesheau

mesheau Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Hey All,

As it sits right now whenever I want to RIP something in VW I have to disable my wireless internet so the computer will switch over to it's ethernet "wired" connection to the printer.

Is there a way to have both my wired and wireless on at the same time? Kind of a pain to have to disconnect from the internet every time I want to rip.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    That's pretty much how I have to do it except I usually go from wireless internet to wireless printer.

3. VinylLabs.com

VinylLabs.com Member

Mar 2, 2005
    setup the wired connection as a seperate network. make internet available only on your wireless. the other will be a different IP range.

It's hard to tell without your info.

is your NIC plugged directly into the printeR? is it plugged into the wireless router? is it plugged into a swich?

if you do not have a DCHP serve assigning an automatic IP over the wired connection, change the IP to a different range (192.168.0.1 and 192.168.100.1) and change the subnet mask too.

then make sure the ip adress of your printer matches the ip range you have changed to. (192.168.100.XXX)

4. mesheau

mesheau Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Currently have the Versacamm direct connected to the iMac

Wireless is through a linksys router.

I will attempt you suggestion :)