• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Networking Issue (wired and wireless)

mesheau

Hey All,

As it sits right now whenever I want to RIP something in VW I have to disable my wireless internet so the computer will switch over to it's ethernet "wired" connection to the printer.

Is there a way to have both my wired and wireless on at the same time? Kind of a pain to have to disconnect from the internet every time I want to rip.

Thanks!

WildWestDesigns

Hey All,

As it sits right now whenever I want to RIP something in VW I have to disable my wireless internet so the computer will switch over to it's ethernet "wired" connection to the printer.

Is there a way to have both my wired and wireless on at the same time? Kind of a pain to have to disconnect from the internet every time I want to rip.

Thanks!

That's pretty much how I have to do it except I usually go from wireless internet to wireless printer.

VinylLabs.com

setup the wired connection as a seperate network. make internet available only on your wireless. the other will be a different IP range.

It's hard to tell without your info.

is your NIC plugged directly into the printeR? is it plugged into the wireless router? is it plugged into a swich?

if you do not have a DCHP serve assigning an automatic IP over the wired connection, change the IP to a different range (192.168.0.1 and 192.168.100.1) and change the subnet mask too.

then make sure the ip adress of your printer matches the ip range you have changed to. (192.168.100.XXX)

mesheau

Currently have the Versacamm direct connected to the iMac

Wireless is through a linksys router.

I will attempt you suggestion :)