Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networking SP300v

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Commander, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Commander

Commander New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    I was wondering if anyone has used a print server to network their SP300v. My printer is more than 15 feet from my PC and I have an active USB extented that works, but I would rather network the printer. I am unsure if I can just buy a Netgear or D-Link print server if it would work. I do not need it to be wireless, I have a network drop right next to the printer. Thanks in advance!!!

Tags:
  2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    A print server will work fine. I would recommend a non-wireless model.

Bob

3. Commander

Commander New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Thanks, I checked on Roland's User Forums and found that some people have had trouble using regular "Cheap" print servers. It seems that you need a High End print server like a SEH Printserver PS03. Mutoh said to only use SEH print severs with their printers also. I just ordered a SEH Printserver PS03- it was only $135 shipped, it is worth it to avoid problems. Thanks for your reply!!