• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Never been real fond of Uncial, until...

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I've never really liked Uncial before, but now that I'm leaning toward a significant Celtic theme in my sales display yard / stone garden...it's kind of grown on me.

For the first time ever, it occurred to me to add some plantings this year to give it a bit of life...it used to be a bunch of dead rocks.

Bench is gray granite with a steeled finish (dull / polish removed). "Tradition" stone is Pennsylvania tumbled blue stone. Both are v-sunk engraved.

JB
1s.JPG

2s.JPG

3s.JPG

4s.JPG

5s.JPG

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
This is really nice.
Brings back memories from my childhood. Our first house here on Guam had a crushed coral backfilled yard - no topsoil. Just weeds and a slimy algae in place of grass. Every weekend my dad would have my brother and I remove the rocks for hours and then run a walk-behind lawnmower over the remaining rocks. The shrapnel, broken blades, and busted cranks were never-ending.

Troy Lesher

Merchant Member
I've never really liked Uncial before, but now that I'm leaning toward a significant Celtic theme in my sales display yard / stone garden...it's kind of grown on me.

For the first time ever, it occurred to me to add some plantings this year to give it a bit of life...it used to be a bunch of dead rocks.

Bench is gray granite with a steeled finish (dull / polish removed). "Tradition" stone is Pennsylvania tumbled blue stone. Both are v-sunk engraved.

JB View attachment 147932
View attachment 147933
View attachment 147934
View attachment 147935
View attachment 147936
Hens and Chicks is a succulent that is good in zones 3-5, Blue Fescue, and creeping phlox will be nice additions to your rock garden.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I love it! Adding plants is always a good idea and the ones you've chosen are maintenance free, which is great! I really like the entire thing, it's very relaxing to look at! Great job!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Thanks for the bump...I needed this.

Currently it's 29 degrees and things look much differently out there. I long for those balmy days of summer and the song of crickets at night. What started out as "a few improvements here and there" quickly morphed into a full summer's worth of really cheap therapy. It also provided a place for some good "thinking time", and I still remember the warmth of the early afternoon sun.

This winter will be spent making plans for another expansion....which will include an engraved granite sundial.

I brought many of the succulents indoors to propagate for next year's plantings.

Spring can't come fast enough.

JB

Last edited:

Stacey K

I like making signs
Thanks for the bump...I needed this.

Currently it's 29 degrees and things look much differently out there. I long for those balmy days of summer and the song of crickets at night. What started out as "a few improvements here and there" quickly morphed into a full summer's worth of really cheap therapy. It also provided a place for some good "thinking time", and I still remember the warmth of the early afternoon sun.

This winter will be spent making plans for another expansion....which will include an engraved granite sundial.

I brought many of the succulents indoors to propagate for next year's plantings.

Spring can't come fast enough.

JB
Gardening is definitely the BEST therapy there is! For those of us in cool climates, it's still a year round thing. I just started receiving my many seed magazines, can't wait to get them ordered and started for my Spring garden! Now you have me excited for Spring also!