• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Never doing that again.

ABPGraphics

I just think about when I was a brand new signmaker still learning how to squeegee plus a million other things - I was in no way competition to anyone for a long long time - I stayed in my Helvetica for everything mode for a long time - I would not worry too much- your experience has them beat by a mile -

mark in tx

Next time someone asks me for help, I'll just tell them to sign up here and let y'all beat 'em to death.

:Big Laugh

TND

I had some guys that had a car club and I was making all their window logos shirts and hats, one day they were asking me about the plotter I used and the best materials I told them because I just figured they were curious, well about a week later when I delivered some things they ordered they informed me that they just bought a plotter and some vinyl, I was cool about it 2 days later they called asking why when they copied and pasted pictures into there program they couldnt cut them, I told them that they needed vector images to cut told them to buy some cds or draw them they had the balls to tell me they were on there way to come borrow some of my cds, I told them they couldnt use cds that I invested my money in, in a few more words than that. so I know how you feel now they are trying to take local business from me by under biding using cheap materials but selling as high end products.

J

john1

Most car clubs are garbage people anyway, Never worked with one that turned out profitable or decent.

Lunatic Taskbar

Time and time again I see it...

"No good deed goes unpunished!"

Its as the point where I do something nice and almost look around to see how this is going to bite me on the ass.

But do I learn... No - I still help, its the kind of guy I am I guess.

mountaingraphic

I wouldnt worry too much about it. Granted they have the equipment doesnt mean they can make it preform for profits. As mentioned there are a lot of factors that go into play when printing and these I would make sure they learned on their own.

You can teach someone the basics but designing is a different story.

Sit back and enjoy as they print out blobs of garbage while your making money.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Most car clubs are garbage people anyway, Never worked with one that turned out profitable or decent.

I don't know about that ... when I first started at this job ... they seemed to be the only people that came in and kept the sign shop part of the shop afloat for years (predecessor was a dink and had no business skills) ... at that time ... no real profits in the jobs they wanted ($5-20 bucks for large graphics with free install means no money ever) ... now the ones that keep coming around are used to higher pricing and are always happy to get something custom ... they always ask how much my plotter is and i'm more than happy to tell them that my plotter cost $4k, the computer to run the machine properly was another $900, the software is another $2-4k and the design skills cost about $9k worth of college and about a decades worth of working experience. .... after that ... their $40-$180 jobs fly in and out of the door ... easy money. ... they still go to the flea market up the road for the $5-20 jobs ... but i'm getting the fun ones.

SignManiac

Nobody in my town ever asks me for help, I think they're afraid of me, so I hang out here to ante up in the karma pot of life!