• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Never imagined I would be buying this!

victor bogdanov

Colorado 1650, Installed last week and training this week but I spent all day yesterday messing around with it and got some jobs printed. Super fast.

Was a very tough choice between Epson 60600 especially considering you can buy 4+ epsons for the price but went with the Colorado after seeing one in person.

Can't wait to learn the machine and use it to its full potential

Now there is lots of pressure to keep it busy

I also strongly considered the new Colorado 1630 but despite being much cheaper the ink cost on it is more expensive than the 1650 making both machines cost the same in the long run

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 388

dale911

President
Nice! I had considered one I these for our shop but I’m in the same boat as you about the pressure to keep the machine full of jobs. I am debating pulling the trigger on a Digitech flatbed soon at a cost of $250k. Scary but I’m sure that once I get it, I’ll wonder ho I ever loved without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

printhog

I'd suggest a larger room.. high volume machines need a lot more workspace to feed them efficiently. you'd be surprised. easily you could need to have a dozen rolls on hand to load, and space for output afterwards.. My shop jammed up when we first installed our 5 meter billboard machine. media handling and storage became a nightmare until we relocated it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Nah, your room size is fine unless you want to add the master roll holder.

Just maintain it well and the machine will run for you. You won't have the gamut of the epson due to the large pl Dot size but you will have consistency and speed.

victor bogdanov

We've had a 1650 since January and have had great results. Panel issues we had on the latex have disappeared!
I didn't have any panel issues or problems with reprints matching with my rolands other that too slow. I printed 3 rolls on the 1650 so far while waiting for training and I'm blown away by the speed

victor bogdanov

I'd suggest a larger room.. high volume machines need a lot more workspace to feed them efficiently. you'd be surprised. easily you could need to have a dozen rolls on hand to load, and space for output afterwards.. My shop jammed up when we first installed our 5 meter billboard machine. media handling and storage became a nightmare until we relocated it.

My shop is 3000 sq ft and space, while tight isn't an issue when things are organized. I plan on selling 2 of my other printers and that will free up some space. there is a spacious 2000 sq ft if I point the camera in the other direction. I can at least double my revenue out of the current space

Johnny Best

Just watched a video where they wrapped a car without lamination and the colors held up really well over a long period of exposure. Good luck with your printer.

netsol

My shop is 3000 sq ft and space, while tight isn't an issue when things are organized. I plan on selling 2 of my other printers and that will free up some space. there is a spacious 2000 sq ft if I point the camera in the other direction. I can at least double my revenue out of the current space
we moved about 16 months ago, from a tiny 600 sq ft store (+ 4 storage units) to a 5000 sq ft warehouse
after 16 months, we are realizing 7500 sq ft would be nice (never thought we would fill up 5000)

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
The colorado is a great machine.
It absolutely runs around any latex or solvent printers.

You don't need huge room for it, but it helps with running finishing equipment.

Ours has been flawless so far. some weeks it's running here and there, and some weeks we have it non stop all day.

Good luck with it.