• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Never seen this before ... Anyone seen this one

R08

It's funny but irriating.
In about 18 years using Corel Draw I have never seen this. My default text is vertical like this:
txt.jpg
It's a 270 degree rotation.

Can't seem to be changed using the default text feature within the corel window.
Don't see it in the 'customization options'.
Other default items have a normal orientation.

I'm using Corel X4.
Has anyone seen this before?

R08

Just noticed that even paragraph text does it.
Anyone seen this or have an answer?

njsigns

I've had Corel do some "wonky" things in the past, but I haven't seen this particular thing. I usually just shut Corel down and hold F8 while opening it back up to get the default environment back. It usually takes me less than 2 minutes to open all my palettes back up and have the same environment as before.

Gene

R08

I've had Corel do some "wonky" things in the past, but I haven't seen this particular thing. I usually just shut Corel down and hold F8 while opening it back up to get the default environment back. It usually takes me less than 2 minutes to open all my palettes back up and have the same environment as before.

Gene

Yup...
This is a glitch that Corel is aware of and F8 is one way to fix it. F8 would suck for me because I have so many customizations (scripts and such)
I got a better fix from a Corel. So if anyone has this problem in the future ... here is the fix without having to do an F8
http://coreldraw.com/forums/t/5176.aspx

I'm not sure what initially causes this issue (I've never had it happen). To fix it, run regedit and go to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corel\CorelDRAW\13.0\CorelDRAW\ApplicationPreferences\FarEastText Options\
set VerticalText to 0
Regards,
Hendrik

Don't forget to do this while corel is closed down or else when you exit the problem repoduces itself. Also... probably have to reboot the computer before reloading Corel. Works for X4 as well.

iampogo

You probably hit the hot key for vertical text by accident.
The registry fix works or you can use the hot keys.
CTRL + . (period) - vertical text
CTRL + , (comma) - horizontal text

R08

You probably hit the hot key for vertical text by accident.
The registry fix works or you can use the hot keys.
(period) - vertical text
CTRL + , (comma) - horizontal text

I would have thought so too. But no.. this seems to be different. The default is set to vertical with no way of changing.
Even after rebooting the computer.
CTRL + . only sets the vertical text temporarily for the selected text.

Now that my problem is fixed there's no way for me to know for sure if CTRl (,) would have fixed it but I don't think so otherwise the Corel techician would surely have tried that first.